Purple4Polio Rotary Grand Tour
Register now for Rotary’s new drive to end polio.
The Purple4Polio Rotary Grand Tour 2018 is hitting the highways next May and needs cars of all shapes and sizes to take part. Registration is now live!
Everyone is welcome to join this amazing road trip across Great Britain and Ireland from 21st – 24th May 2018. You pick your team, car, route, where you stay and raise sponsorship. In return, Rotary around the country will provide check and rest areas in stunning locations. We’ll even wave you across the finish line with a chequered flag at the end of tour party in Yorkshire on the 24th of May.
When you have fully registered, we will send you two large vinyl car stickers which show the world that you are part of this amazing journey. It also helps you spot other teams. You will also receive a sponsor form and a log-book.
You may even want to wear purple End Polio Now clothing which is available from the End Polio Now Guernsey Shop. You can download the Rotary Grand Tour Logo Set for t-shirt and merchandise printing.
This is not a competition. The only race involved is the one to eradicate polio quickly. Your help is crucial as funds raised are going to End Polio Now via The Rotary Foundation UK.
What to do next
1. Read and understand the rules which are below the registration button.
2. Create your team, plan your route and find transport. A bargain banger or your prized classic which needs a good run, it can be anything as long as it is suitable for the journey and is taxed, MOT’d, roadworthy and correctly insured.
3. Register using the form below. The fee of £35 per car is non-refundable, regardless of circumstances. You must email a valid insurance certificate for the dates of the tour to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words ‘GT Insurance’ and your vehicle licence plate number in the subject box.
4. Gather sponsorship. There are hints and tips in this short video by Rotary member and rally veteran Irene Russell.
5. Turn the key in the ignition on the 21st of May and set off from your home on an adventure around the country and then pull up in Yorkshire on the 24th of May for the end of tour celebration.
Alternatively, you can help from afar by helping at the Rotary rest points or by making a donation to The Rotary Foundation UK for the End Polio Now campaign.
We would love to hear about your expedition so please share your stories via Twitter and Facebook with hashtag #rotarygrandtour when it is safe to do so.
We know that not everyone will have their transport sorted just yet, although it is easier to fill out this form if you do. This registration offers the option of taking all details now or coming back later when you have your vehicle and other essentials such as tax, insurance certificates and MOT. You will be sent a link for your registration form in March 2018 which will allow access.
Before proceeding please ensure you have:
1. Your payment details. Please note: the registration £35 fee is non-refundable, regardless of circumstances.
2. If you have it, the valid insurance certificate for the vehicle being used which covers the dates of the event and the names of the drivers. This must be emailed to email@example.com with the words ‘GT Insurance’ and your vehicle licence plate number in the subject box.
3. The names of your passengers.
This event is intended to be a high profile celebration of Rotary and the good things we stand for. In organising this event we ask that all participants understand that this is not a race and that their conduct on the road must be compliant with Road Traffic Laws and safe. This is not a timed event and it is not about coming first.
By applying to enter this event all teams and individual participants agree that they are entirely responsible for their own actions and the condition of the vehicles they drive or are carried in. Expenses howsoever incurred on the rally are the sole responsibility of the participants.
By entering the rally, participants agree that Rotary in Great Britain and Ireland (RIBI) carry no liability for any loss, damage or injury to participants or third parties howsoever caused.
Entry to the rally shall constitute a waiver by a participant of any rights of action against the organisers, RIBI, members of management committees and associated organisers and their representatives (including general RIBI members) for loss, consequential loss, damage or injuries howsoever arising.
All people intending to drive must hold a full UK driving licence or a full Irish driving licence and not be disqualified from driving.