Following the tragic earthquake that hit Nepal this weekend, Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland has pledged its support to help victims with long term support.
Rotary’s Donation Trust has been set up for the Nepal Earthquake Appeal, which will provide support for sustainable community projects once the immediate emergency has been dealt with.
How to donate
If you would like to support the Nepal Earthquake Appeal, you can:
- Use our online payment option through our BT myDonate website
- Send a cheque, payable to RIBI Donations Trust, to: RIBI, Kinwarton Road, Alcester, B49 6PB.
Rotary is also working with a range of box schemes to ensure there is immediate help to the country including:
- Aquabox, which provides an AquaFilter Family water purification unit capable of producing a minimum of 18,000 litres of potable water – essential to earthquake stricken counties.
- Shelterbox, which will help families in need of emergency shelter and vital supplies. There is a team from Shelterbox already in Nepal to help the effort.
- Water Survival Box has released approximately 500 of its boxes to Humanity First UK. The boxes become a receptacle for water when emptied of survival items, and it includes a filtration pack that can deliver up to 100,000 litres of potable water.
The three schemes have responded immediately and will need financial support both to provide its boxes, as well the cost of distribution. If you want to donate to any of these three schemes then simply click on the links above to go directly to their website.